Saturday 13 June 2009

Summer Placement. =)


Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah. How's everyone doing?

This morning, I received great news. I was offered a place as an intern in one of the top advertising agencies in the world. I'll be doing my placement (insyaAllah) at Ogilvy's this coming summer in Malaysia. Not in London unfortunately. But this is already something spectacular! I can't wait to get started to be honest. I've been reading loads of articles regarding their work and how they do them. Sometimes, I just need to cover a little bit before showing up. More presentable. Don't you think so? hehe.

Anyway, I know i've been talking about the past few weeks and how hectic it was. But it was a tough time. And I really relied on Allah and prayed when I could and ask for help/guidance. A photo I took a few years ago, titled 'Faith in Fate' which shows my Ustaz or religious teacher posing in one of the most significant prayer poses in the Islam world. Well, at that point i was trying to play with light and all that. So there you go. Hehe. Didn't get an A though. Unfortunate, but learned alot.

What I wanted to share with you is that, throughout tough journeys. The first thing i did after i saw the email was, I raised my two hands and said 'THANK YOU ALLAH".

God has always been there. Yes 'cheesy' as some people might call it. But when there's no one else there to help, advice or talk to you. I can feel him close by. When I'm in such a hectic state, I try to read the Quran or even do extra prayers just to calm myself down. And it works. To be honest with you ;)

It's one of those things that are just unexplainably explainable. hahaha im talking in riddles again. Been a bad habit. But if you look into it closely, people only remember their creator when only they are in need of dire help or in pain. I look at people (friends and family usually) and think, why they only seek His help when they need help. Even i do that all the time. But why? Why can't we always remind ourselves of His greatness? So my mum had a good answer. Always remind yourself by doing dzikir. Dzikir is a form of remembering Allah and it does remind you that you are only human. Sometimes, you've just got to admit. You are just human. Pushing yourself too hard won't do you any good.

Well that's what i think. I'm sure there are other pious people out there that would best at this matter. I am but a student and am still learning. Learning just never ends. :)

No comments: