Thursday 15 October 2009

Working Hard? Or Hard Working?

To help me focus, I pray.

How's everyone doing? Hope you're all alright. It's been raining here in central Birmingham. Beautiful sight from the ninth floor. But not a pretty one when you're scouring down there. Really a mess. It's been drizzling for the past few days nine to five. It really gets to your head. I've not been feeling well due to the rain. Head's been groggy. Feels like a bus rammed my head. Reversed, and rammed it again. Haha. In short, i've had a really busy week.

Class on Tuesday was wonderful. We did something called the 'hour brief'. It's where we practice to come up with ideas within a short time period and put it up on walls. These sketches on walls are called scamps (ad talk). These scamps are then critiqued by the lecturers and fellow mates. This helps us to get feedback on how we are doing. We were given a brief to promote a Vodka brand (I dont think i'm gonna name it here, just in case). Everyone gave it their all. It was amazing what we came up with within an hour. Haha funny and amusing. :)

After that, off to my other briefs. I'm currently on the 'METRO' newspaper and 'BODY SHOP' briefs. Not easy I admit. Fun? Not so. But a challenge for us. Yes. Us. I'm working on them with a team. Pairing up with Mike and Hetal on this one. Seem to make a good one. We've been meeting everyday since tuesday. I've been so busy that I've got alot of other things to settle. My parents are as you remembered coming to the UK in November. As a surprise for me. So i've got to settle their accommodation and sort. InsyaAllah.

Other than that, life's been pretty smooth Alhamdulillah. On that note, it's been really well. Uni work has been good. Just need to focus a little bit more to get the creative juice out. Been working hard on them. I've got two open houses this weekend. Blimey. Busy weekend i'll be having. Might skip the one on saturday. No.11 at Perry Avenue are having theirs on Sunday. Might drop by and help out on saturday night if i'm not too busy. Will see InsyaAllah.

Well, hope that sort of wraps up the few busy days i've had so far. How has yours been?

Salam

No comments: