Saturday 24 October 2009

Look in the Mirror

What do you do when you've lost something? Nothing literal, but when you've been doing something really well, and you think that it just dropped off your life CV. How do we look at things, when we've lost it?

Look not only at how, but why did we lose it. We 'lost' it because we forgot. We are 'INSAN', which if i'm not mistaken derives from the Arabic word meaning 'Forgetting'. We tend to forget the great pleasure and leisures that we are having. We forget that it doesn't all belong to us. We just freak out when suddenly it's all taken away from us.

I've seen, live in front of my face, people (some of them are my own loved ones) losing EVERYTHING they've worked for in a split second. But that kind of lost isn't a negative one. They lost it because they were chasing something better. Something that they might be better off with than what's current. I know it's pretty complicated to explain such a situation but in layman's term, there are better things that they wanted.

I've heard. I've seen. And I've done that myself. And i feel effin good about it. Alhamdulillah, so far I've made choices. And I've decided based only on how much my mind can handle. But Allah is Great. It's all been well. Why this out-of-the-blue post you may ask? I've been depressed a few times in my life. When i say depress, it really OR literally is something that sinks down. I just feel like the world just went somewhere and left me to die stranded.

But with faith, hope and alot of prayer and doa, alhamdulillah i've managed myself. I hope you all will too. I think this then leads to the reason of being depressed. Making mistakes. I hate making them. Mistakes. Mistakes. Mistakes. Makes me look like a complete fool whenever I do so. But these 'mistakes' have led me to being a better person.

" A LIFE SPENT MAKING MISTAKES IS NOT ONLY MORE HONOURABLE BUT MORE USEFUL THAN A LIFE SPENT DOING NOTHING "
-George Bernard Shaw

I agree totally with him. It is true that if we've never fell, how then do we learn to stand up? At least I know that I can admit to myself and the world that, YES i've done mistakes. But those that would make me a better person.

Have a great and wonderful weekend ;)

Salam.

No comments: