Monday 9 February 2009

Monday blues?

Today started off really chilly. It was pretty cold when i left in the morning for class. At 10am, we were having our first meet up since assessments. It was rather exciting cause now we get to decide on our professional practice. Amazing as it sounds, it also sounded like a death sentence (if i wanted to take it like that). hahahaha.

Clive and the others gave out such a great impression that all of us (that i know) was pumped up for this coming semester.

The problem with me is. I get excited. But i dont do anything about it. Annoying! But insyaAllah, this time, it'll change. I need to think about how to put food on my table in the future. I can't rely on papa ALL the time now can i? He's due his 50's holiday. hahaha.

Anyway, we had to visualise what was to happen in 10 years in our lives. We were asked questions like, what is your office like? What kind of office? What kind of work are you doing? What kind of people are you working with?

Clive said, one of our main lecturers said the last time he was taught the visualising exercise was when he was an apprentice to Milton Glaser. By the way, Milton Glaser's one of the world's leading Graphic Communicator. I have the utmost respect to him. He communicates like nobody's problem ;) you rock! hahaha.

But yeah this exercise did help me visualise. I also remember Dato' Lawrence of PDL Motivation camp teaching us this. This was way back in 2004 if i'm not mistaken. I was immature and had to learn lots of things the easy AND hard way. SO yeah, i visualised my office. Wood and Leather. If you know what i mean. Proper executive. With a white board, covered in marker pen markings. Also, there were people around me. As though i was in a discussion. I had this feeling that there was a campaign of some brand or something going on. But hey. That's ten years ahead. I wont know! hahaha.

SO then the lighting was all yellowish. Very elegant, executive and good-mood sense. Not much of intricate details. But we were then asked, when u step out of the office/studio to get home, how DID you get home...?

So i imagined. Blue/Black Sedan. Probably a merc or a beemer. Sorry i'm dreaming too much. But Wallahualam. It might be possible ;) SO then i imagined a driver even! hahaha. Mad mad idea. We were then asked, in which town were we at. New York? London? Paris? Hong Kong?

I imagined Kuala Lumpur. Perhaps because i missed home so much. But then, i really couldn't think of anywhere else but London and Kuala Lumpur. The most likely places i'd work. But in my heart, I would love to have the chance to work in the city of Romance, Paris. It is a dream. Not impossible ;)

We then signed off our SIG papers and went on our way. Oh by the way, I'm sending in my FCUK piece of work for the D&AD competition. Pray I win the competition. Though, i'll have a bit to work on.

Today we received a new student from Malaysia. The name's Dao Wen, of which i thought initially was DARWIN. hahaha sorry man. But yeah, interesting enough, he used to study at the One Academy. Just like the others i know.

I'm pretty flushed today. It was a wet evening. And it's snowing outside now. Blizzards seen around the countrysides too. Let's hope for a sunny tuesday.

Salam!

p.s: Emi dapat 72% untuk Magazine emi.. woohoo!! alhamdulillah syukur.. abit less than what i expected. hmm takpe la.. :) as long as it's a first class..hehehe

No comments: