Thursday 5 February 2009

A case of before..

I just remembered of a scene i was in. A few years back when i was in Bukit Tinggi near Padang. We were at a restaurant on the hill side. It was beautiful. Serene and peace. The sun and rain was synchronizing each other.

I remembered for a moment, an old lady was trying to sell some crackers. Crackers of which i LOVED. Rice crackers. At that time, i was so strict with NOT eating any rice at all. When i remembered it was rice, i put the rice cracker aside and tried to eat what i could.

It might sound funny as hell. But i remembered the look on the old lady's face. Muka ibu itu sangat terpacak di jiwa. Kerna mukanya yang bingung lagi tidak mengetahui apakah kenyataan ku itu.

The gesture i gave, for awhile i thought was harmless. But even after three years. I still remember what it's like. The face sticks to my mind. How she looked at me with an honest face. As though trying to wonder if i hated the crackers she made. I dont remember apologizing, but i do remember saying that i couldn't eat rice and i forgotten. She then just smiled and went off. I felt like an ass. I still do. Sometimes, the naive'ness' of me hurts the best of people.

Oh Allah, forgive me of my sins. And bless the lady whom i have hurt her feelings. Whether intentional or no.

amin

1 comment:

S said...

im gooood. hehe :)
how r u?
where are u now??