Saturday 15 September 2007

My First Few Days in Birmingham...

papa in my room.

Papa at a historical building new High Street.

While on board KLM.


With my one and only ATUK.



With the two ladies. Acik and Maklong.




With WAN!! before leaving. at the airport





With the lot. miss them so. thanks guys






them again! =D oh and cherrie too. thanks gurl! dont have a decent photo. hehe


Yes, finally, ive gotten my laptop to work. Somehow, vista doesn't work in the campus. YET.

To those people in Malaysia. my family and friends. i miss u all heaps. VERY VERY RINDU ok. I miss teh tarik already. nasi lemak. although i dont eat it. the smell?

First off, happy Ramadhan dan selamat berpuasa kepada semua umat islam di seluruh dunia.



To my atuk and wan. Selamat Puasa. Makan kuih tu, ingat2 la kat emy yer. haha
To ira, i know u miss me alot. =) i miss u too!


ilham..........dont deny it! u miss me too! hahaha


mama!! i miss ur food. already. im eating pasta. i cooked myself! can u believe it?!?


papa. my hero. yes im survivng. and i did make friends. hehe. some malaysians.



Namely, Ashleyn, Joyce, Hao, Razi(indonesian), Thob(thai), prakash, Thura and many more. =)

The first day i was alone, yes i was sad. very sad. didnt have much to do. not much to devour too. haha


kept my religious practice at bay also. i fast. i pray 5 times a day without fail. alhamdulillah. i even took the time to spend time on the Quran. =)


it's not that bad once u have some people around u. Tonight, i had my main event. the orientation dinner. hmm somehow, the dinner was too LONg. maybe cause the group who was singing, the so called "blues brothers" sang too much. haha

the atmosphere here is so... different? yes. different. i believe ill do well here. i believe so.


i went to my Campus at Gosta Green. very. err.. LIMKOKWING like. is it like that everywhere in the world? haha anyways, this is my address:

M.H.B. RAMLAN,

ROOM 5, FLAT 1,
GIMSON HOUSE,
OSCOTT GARDENS,

OSCOTT ROAD,

BIRMINGHAM, UK.

B45 9QZ



i have some photos of the people who sent me off. and also some when i was here. going around with papa. at the market. of new street station. thanks pa for all the shopping and confidence u gave me. ill start crying when i thnk of him. so enough about that.

i found out. fasting here isn't so tough at all. Alhamdulillah.


im going to oxford tomorrow with the group. an orientation treat.


p.s: EVERYTHING is so expensive here. syeesh. TIMES 7?!?

kak didi should arrive here tomorrow. i mean, London of course. she'd do well there. =)

so yes, ill keep updating u with photos from my trips and also studies. =) do keep in touch, send me mails. or even emails at hilmi2ilmih@hotmail.com

remember, wanna catch me online, plus 7 hours in front of Malaysian time. ;)

cheerio!

oh yeah, cherrie and caster. thanks for the bears. appreciate it =) lots. loves!
i so miss my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo dude~
looks like u're quite enjoying there eh?hehe~
good to noe u're doing fine~
take as many pictures as u can~~harhar~
i'll get a camera soon...probably...=P
wish u all da best~
take care~

-wRoNG-