Tuesday 3 November 2009

Does my opinion count?


Sometimes I wonder when is it right for me to jump in and have a say at something. I have this fear inside me where I might sound like I'm trying to prove something. But then I was wrong even at my first stance. I jumped in. What do I do then? I've seen on many occasions people look at me in such a way that I feel like I've done them injustice. I wonder. Have I? If I have, I surely would love to apologize.

For me, being taught by mama since young, always apologize, even if it isn't your fault. Dale Carnegie once questioned why we make the other person feel inferior? Just apologize and be done with it.

It might sound like another daily ranting, but for me it's a really personal thing. It's been on my mind since forever. I always worry about what people say or think about me or my actions. Perhaps I do things differently. Perhaps I do things in a different manner. But that does not entitle you to pull a face and make me feel bad. You or I have no right. That's what I think IMHO.

But what can I do. People just like doing that. Sometimes it just hurts when you try going round the bush. You don't have to! My heart and ears are open. I'll listen. I won't kill you know. So why the face and with so much of my curiosity, I feel that you've got something you want to tell me or 'correct' me. Go ahead? I don't mind a little piece of advice. Whether I apply it later on would be a different issue. Lest the issue remains, people tend to have this 'I want to tell you but it'll hurt you so I'll just make faces and be as sarcastic as I can'.

May Allah bless you with whatever it is that you do. 'Cause for me, I know I've not done you any wrong. So why should I bother? I've got things to do anyway. To start off, my life.

On a side note, my family excluding E-am are coming over to Birmingham in less than a week. Looking forward to it. Got loads of work to do though. Today's workcheck was postponed due to shortage of time. I was really worried they might postpone it to next week. But Alhamdulillah, Ros and Clive agreed to settle for this coming Friday.

Other than that, I've got loads of things i need to do. But tonight i want a good night's sleep. I've not been sleeping well due to the work load. The idea that I don't have anything to show for today (which didn't happen) made me restless. But Alhamdulillah now all is good. Now to set things right. InsyaAllah.

Salam.

No comments: