Wednesday 26 November 2008

Quack Quack...!


Hey! Sorry for not writing yesterday. Not that people read my posts anyway. Hah! Well, there's been not much of things going on around in MY life. How bout yours? Any good?

I've started playing Final Fantasy X again. hahaha. I know, childish! but hey. i love the game. It helps me to release stress. Apparently, the clock showed i played for exactly 22 hours. What?! I've wasted a whole bloody day on the game! Well yes, so i thought i'd punish myself (better than papa punishing me :P). I took the liberty to do some reading for my THS writing. And yes i reached a 1,500 word target for the three hours i sat in front of the laptop. Frustrating to know that, it is such a huge topic;

' How has photography affected human's lifestyle? '

I know. Cheesy. But i did want to personally find out. How HAS it affected people. How much of social interaction has been created ever since the foundations of photography. Oh by the way, did you know, the first CAMERA OBSCURA was invented by ALHAZEN or AL-HAYTHAM? He's a middle east inventor. He designed the first obscura. Can you imagine. hahaha masyaAllah.

Yesterday i went to the lake. Reason was, the sun shined bright. You don't really get that around here that much. Not during winters anyway ;)

So yeah, i was filled with the thoughts of testing my new camera out in the field. With ducks, pigeons, sparrows, swans and etc flying around, i should be able to get a few shots. And i did! I was happy but not too much indulged. Cause later, i had to go for our weekly grocery shopping at ASDA. So yea, headed home after a good 45 mins walk around the park. An old man with his dog greeted me and said he wanted to do photography when he was young. So he said a few nice things and i somewhat keep it in my heart and mind. Thanks sir :)

Yesterday, Acik and Pakcik (uncle and auntie) went on board a plane to Saudi Arabia, where they are to begin their pilgrimage. I wish and pray for safe health to the holy land and back here. InsyaAllah. I even tipped in and asked if they'd do a special doa (prayer) for me. And they happily said OF COURSE. If God wills :)

Ahh three weeks and i'm done with my first semester. To be honest, i haven't done much WORK. I've done alot of thinking. Concepts. Context. And thinking. More and more. Not much of physical work (not that im good at it anyway). Some of my classmates agree as well.

Updates on assignments?

FCUK: well, i could say a fair 60% completion. I just need to do the hard part now. All the talk, put aside. Now's the production period people.

THS essay: 45%. It's there. Quite. I have another essay to chip in as well. And a reference page to go with them. Not so much here.

Art Direction Magazine: It's going as planned. Well not that much. We had slight problems with our graphic designer, so we had to pull ourselves together and sort it out. i'd give it a 70% completion time :)

That's about what happened these two days. I'm having classes tomorrow. And i'll be working on my magazine tonight. Insyaallah it'll all be great when it's done. Pray for me!

Images from the lake are posted in my flickr. Do have a visit and comment. :)

thanks!

salam

hilmi

No comments: