Tuesday 21 April 2009

There comes a time

Where you'll have to choose between reality and dream. Most of the time, we'd go with reality. Just because we have to live through it. Nonetheless, our decisions are always affected by the minor details that we have just received.

Nothing more aggravating than to wait and see what's gonna happen to us. What is planned for us? No one but Allah knows. Thinking of ways to really consider what I'd like to be in 4 years or 10 years time all depends on how I'm going to achieve it now. Preferably in the slightest of ease. Nothing comes easy. And of course nothing is impossible too.

It's like sedating yourself with such strong medication that helps keep you in tuned with the goals or 'what I want to be' in the near future. Thinking away, I really am quite lost for awhile.

It's been two years since i left Malaysia to study in the UK. Apart from knowing so many people, so many things and learning at the same time. I've come to realise, the more i learn, the more i get scared. Is that why some people just lay it off and consider not to gain knowledge?

I sometimes wonder what will become of me in 4 years time. A question that was asked by my tutor. I know i sound really 'SKEMA' for saying this. But hey, it's my future. My road. My adventure. I do think i have the right to choose and work through it no? Rather than aimlessly pointing at a direction and shouting 'OK! That's the way I'm heading'


bollocks.

Anyway, alot has to be done. We only be what we want, when we KNOW what we want. It's easier said than done. Yes, i agree. Ultimately it is quite the most profound thing you'll ever do in your life! Setting the course of which you alone have to go through.

I had my thoughts and i'll have somemore. InsyaAllah with the dua and prayers that i make in every Salah, i try very hard to keep calm.

Where will you be in 4 years time?

=)

2 comments:

Cheeta said...

Very philosophical. I love your outlook on this, it's given me a new way of looking at things :) Thanks.

Hilmi Ramlan said...

Thanks Chitra :)