Sunday 5 April 2009

Amsterdam Day 3


heyya! Sorry for the late reply. I just arrived in Birmingham safely this morning. Alhamdulillah flight was alright. It was abit bumpy before landing, but it was ok. :)

On day 3, we went to Zaanse Schans. On the outskirt of Amsterdam, just 15 mins by train. It's a beautiful village with a rather classic dutch farm setting. Greens, yellows and cheese.

Cheese?

Yes people, we went and visited the famous Cheese farm in Amsterdam. It was amazing!! I tried 9 different dutch cheese. hahaha it was delicious. Especially the goat's cheese. I'm obsessed with cheese now hahaha! A good friend of mine, Pak Adib suggested i try the Smoked Gouda. I did, and it was brilliant as well. I love the dairy products they produce. I wonder if Malaysia was able to induce such a thing. On such a huge scale! :)

Anyway, the location is also home to at least three major windmills (which are still operational). The one we went in was called 'DE KAT' or the cat. There was literally a cat in the mill. haha. The mill was used to produce fine grain pigments of coloured dye. Fantastic form of production. Somehow, i just thought of my friend, i said earlier, PAK ADIB regarding the whole engineering of it.

SO we then enjoyed a piece of pancake each at the famous HOLLAND PANCAKES near the farms. I had the Cheese and Pineapple. Woohoo!! :D

I'm sorry for not posting images now, cause i'm feeling rather tired and sleepy :(

Anywho, we headed back home. And the night was just dinner and roaming around town. We did check out the red-light district.

to be honest with you, i'm not a fan of it. I find the whole 'thing' a very disgusting and irritating thing. Paying for your pleasure. Men feasting their nafsu on things they aren't supposed to. Forgetting their wives and girlfriends. In short, it's just sick. Make fun of me all you want. It's just my honest opinion in regards of prostitution. It's just horrifying. I just don't agree on women being exploited like this. Though they don't mind, it's still something i do not agree on.

Anyway, our flight the next day was rather early. So had to sleep early and packed right before bed. I hope my friends had fun cause i enjoyed their company. :)

tot ziens!!

No comments: