Tuesday 13 May 2008

An Art of Narration...


How does photography play a part in your life? Does it capture the timeline of memories and events for you? Does photography give u the memory jumper? If a memory was a 'memory', why would u need photography as a memory jumper anyway?!

I tried asking myself these questions. Why i do, that i'm not sure. One thing's for certain, i do photography so that i can look back at how wonderful life was and how it can be sustained or even further improved in the future. Apparent reasons in this context makes us think that, well, Photography is just a click of the shutter on that camera. But is it?

I've seen hectic photography works by some people. I've seen brilliant one's as well. One example would be, wedding photography. Weddings. Well, it's an event where we want to remember it our whole life. We want to photograph it because WE want the memory to last a life time. Or do we? Or is it just to remind us how much we've spent? hahaha

Apart from that, i believe my source of passion in photography would be, the utter need to record and realise what i was thinking, saying, hearing and etc during that specific moment.

I believe everyone has their own reasons to photography. I've learned from a photographer, 
" Photographs are never explicit ". that's why words come below it. I have to respectfully say, that somewhat is UNtrue at times. Some photo's speak for themselves. Even when not given a title.

No comments: