Friday 12 September 2008

Photography gear update

Hey !

An update on what's in my camera bag since 2006.

I didn't even think of  photography seriously back then. Enjoyed it to the max ever since.

Found peace and of my own mind when i hold the camera. And thanks pa for everything. Not to mention the amount of time he had to sit down with me to decide on which lens. hahaha



EOS 30D (2006) - First used it in photography class in Limkokwing Univ.



A flash gun. I had very little knowledge on using this. But alhamdulillah, i've learned alot! (2006)


The big gun. Stretching out to 200mm, this has served me real well. So far, my only L series lens. ;) (2007)


My favourite walkabout+travel lens. Thousands and thousands snapped with this one. My very first lens. (2006)

The newcomer 1. A prime with great aperture control. Great for indoor photography and portraits as well ;) (2008)

Newcomer 2. I think papa was interested in the effects of a macro, so we decided on this as well. The sharpness this lens creates is superior in it's range. (2008)


The two newcomers were actually a sudden buy. My original thought was to get a :


24-105mm f4 L IS USM















For the price of this lens up here, i bought two different lenses instead. Ok ok i lost an L lens, but hey, if it's just gonna give my already good 17-85, then might as well i just shut it.

Anyways, that's my current gear set up. Was thinking of getting a diffuser for my flash unit :)

Till next time!

Hilmi Ramlan

1 comment:

demonsinme said...

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

Please dear friend, come by to my space, and leave me your thought, as it is something I dearly sought.

___________ooOoo___________

WHEN DARK ONE COMES

when the dark one come,
let not smile to tears it succumb,
let not fear raise his arrogant thumb,
let not love be turn to a limping lump,
in confusion when the dark one come.

the dark one come,
not to bring glum,
but notes sweeter than rum,
something that our children could hum.

___________ooOoo___________
oo(O)oo