Friday 21 August 2009

Ramadhan


Hi everyone. Ramadhan is tomorrow. And tonight we'll start our first Tarawikh Prayers. As for me, this time around, I have personal achievements that I would like to achieve. In this Holy Month, I want to learn to forgive and forget. I want to repent on things of wrong that I've been doing.

Some people take Ramadhan, the fasting month as ONLY the fasting month. ie: fasting from food. But to me, it is more than that. It's a month where we 'fast' from our negative actions, words and thoughts. That's what I think Ramadhan is more about. Not only to live what others are living in the poor situations. We also have to 'LOOK AT THE MAN IN THE MIRROR' and see what we should change.

Being careful in every action, word and thoughts. Knowing that they are things that you've been doing which are wrong. I see a lot of young muslims out there. Just thinking that they can fast for the 8 hours a day, but forget the lesson behind it. Enjoying themselves and praising themselves that they've completed their fast for the whole day!

Ramadhan is also about repentance. Yes every human being has their own good and bad. I myself admit that perfection is not something that is ME. I'm just a human trying very hard to be what I can/want to be. And by repenting your mistakes, and not repeating them of course would help you on your way.

Of all, I wish all Muslims and Muslimah a well Ramadhan and Tarawikh. May Allah bless us all and accept our Ibadah and Repentance. And may we keep away from eating SO SO much during buka puasa/breaking of fast haha.

Salam from the Ramlan's. :)

No comments: